Kidney disease is a very common ailment our household pets face. Therefore one of the most frequent conversations we have with our customers is about kidney health recommendations.
Generally, there are two things we recommend for pets with kidney issues:
- Foods with low phosphorus levels
A third recommendation could be the careful use of appropriate supplements. (Those that will support kidney health without overtaxing an already troubled waste processing system.) In the months since we began stocking Kidney Support Gold by Pet Wellbeing, we have had lots of positive feedback about its effectiveness.
- Rehmannia root
- Supports normal urination and fortifies the blood.
- Cordyceps mycelium
- A medicinal mushroom that supports the kidney, liver, and immune system
- Astragalus root
- Promotes recovery from illness, protects against free radicals, and supports kidney function.
- Dong Quai root
- Supports oxygenation and blood flow. Supports kidneys when used in conjunction with astragalus.
More About Pet Wellbeing
Pet Wellbeing offers a whole line of veterinarian-formulated, holistic supplements. Many of their products are becoming popular among our customers and staff.
Their supplements go through third-party testing and are manufactured in GMP-certified facilities.
Find out more about them or message their veterinarian by visiting their website here: https://petwellbeing.com/
As always, we are happy to discuss this or any other supplement in-store. We are open 9-7, 7 days a week at our two locations: 1313 Grand Ave (in Evergreeen Midtown Plaza) and 4010 MT Sapphire Drive (across Shiloh from Scheels.)