How Can Tinkle Tonic Help Your Pet?
One of our long-time, most-trusted companies, Animal Essentials, offers a customer favorite herbal tincture called Tinkle Tonic. This supplement has been described as a “life-saver” by users. It supports a healthy urinary tract with a formula that is gentle on the stomach. Our customers use this for cats and dogs with chronic UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) and senior spayed-female dogs experiencing leakage as examples.
What’s In It?
- Couchgrass Root
- A diuretic. Flushes the urinary tract by increasing volume of urine. (1)
- Dandelion Root and Leaf
- Another diuretic. Helps to support liver and kidney health through expulsion of waste. Also provides potassium that can be lost through urination. (2)
- Echinacea Root and Herb
- Immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial. (3)
- Marshmallow Root
- Reduces inflammation in the urinary tract and increases acidity with stops bacterial growth. (4)
- Horsetail Herb
- Another anti-inflammatory that also has diuretic and astringent properties. (5)
How Do I Use It?
Tinkle Tonic is a liquid best given on an empty stomach directly into the pet’s mouth. It can be given with food if this recommended method is not accepted by the animal. It comes in 1 or 2 oz bottles with a graduated dropper for easy measurement.
As with any supplement, discussion with your veterinarian is recommended to avoid interactions with other treatments or medications.
We are always happy to talk about this or any other supplements we carry in our stores. We’ve had years worth of feedback from customers and we use these very products on our staff pets. We’re open 9-7. 7 days a week on Grand Ave and Sapphire Dr.