Valentine’s week seems like the perfect time to talk about heart health!
Just like in humans, a healthy, species-appropriate diet and exercise can help maintain heart health in dogs. But if your pet is older, or has heart issues, extra supplementation can be helpful. Many of our senior pet supplements support heart health, but two supplements are designed specifically for it: Herbsmith Taurine Boost, and Pet Wellbeing Young at Heart.
Herbsmith Taurine Boost
- an amino acid that supports heart and brain function and muscle movement
- an amino sulphonic acid found in meat-based proteins that supports heart health
- EPA & DHA
- provide energy for the heart, muscles, and organs and reduce inflammation
- Coenzyme Q10
- an antioxidant that reduces free radicals and helps with mild heart disease
Pet Wellbeing Young at Heart
- high in antioxidants and also supports the function of the cardiovascular system
- Motherwort Herb
- encourages normal blood pressure and circulation
- Nettle Herb
- contains calcium and potassium – vital minerals needed by the cardiovascular system
- Fo-ti Root
- supports the blood vessels and helps to maintain appropriate lipid levels in the blood
- Schisandra Fruit
- supports the cardiovascular systems and maintains healthy blood pressure
- Gotu Kola Herb
- supports blood flow to extremities
- Ginger Rhizome
- promotes circulation
To find out more about these supplements visit https://petwellbeing.com/products/dog-heart-disease or https://www.herbsmithinc.com/taurine-boost/ . Both are safe for use in dogs or cats. As with any supplement, it is recommended that you speak to your vet prior to use.